Re: Hypothetical situation to chew on

Nathanael Nerode wrote:

If not, what procedure would be needed to make the software DFSG-free?
I'm going to guess clean-room rewrite of all of the documentation, and
of any code that could be affected?

Not *quite*.  But close.

(1) Every piece of code must be audited to determine the copyright holders.

While I'm here, I should point out that we are in the process of doing this for Mozilla to relicense under MPL/GPL/LGPL. It's taken 3 1/2 years so far. I'm happy to give advice to anyone who wants to do it for their own package.

Gerv