Re: Is the LLVM Release License DFSG-compatible?

Al Stone <ahs3@fc.hp.com> wrote:

> The remainder of LLVM is covered by the LLVM Release License
> (see http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/releases/1.4/LICENSE.TXT) which is
> actually the University of Illinois/NCSA Open Source License.
> The University of Illinois/NCSA (UI/NCSA) license is very similar
> to the MIT or BSD license, and software distributed under the
> UI/NCSA license is OSI Certified Open Source Software (please
> see http://www.opensource.org/licenses/UoI-NCSA.php).

It's generally easier if you include a copy of the license, but having
looked at this one I can't see any problem - it's basically 3 clause
BSD. The only issue I can think of is the mention of third party code -
have you checked the licenses of the subtrees named at the bottom of the
license?

Thanks,
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org