Re: Strange restrictions

Dave Harding wrote:
Andrew Suffield wrote:

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 12:59:08AM -0700, Joel Aelwyn wrote:

Mind you, I don't think I'd necessarily have an issue with "To use
this trademark, you must run a publically reviewable bug tracking
system and implement some form of version management" (I might
still, on a question of practicality, or even a basic question of
"Does this make it a required cost of the software, and is that
OK?", but it would be a matter of another debate entirely, at that
point).

The problem with this sort of clause is usually the same: what the
hell does it mean?

Or rather, what does it have to do with Mozilla's requirements?

Indeed - I proposed no requirement of that form. There's no good way of predicting whether someone will ship good or bad software except track record.

Gerv