Re: kaid license non-free?

On 12/21/05, Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:
> Scripsit Cameron Dale <camrdale@gmail.com>
>
> > *   Any form of redistribution which connects to the published Team XLink
> > Orbital Server list resource, for Orbital Server aquisition, or otherwise,
> > or which interoperates with any existing software used by other member(s)
> > of the XLink Kai: Evolution VII service, must be provided to end users at
> > no cost, and may not contain advertising information of any sort, aside
> > from one permitted link in an "About" dialog window which is not displayed
> > unless the user explicitly directs the software to display it.
>
> This is a non-free condition. It must be possible to sell copies of
> Debian packages.

It only causes problems when you are connecting to the XLink Kai:
Evolution VII service, but I assume that the main point of the
software is to connect to that service, so unless someone else starts
up an alternative server, for pratical reasons, it's non-free.

andrew

--
This space for rent. Enquire within. Terms and conditions apply. See
store for details.