Re: Clarification regarding PHP License and DFSG status

Charles Fry wrote:
> The one big thing that everyone in this thread has missed is that we are
> trying to establish the utility of this licence to software explicitely
> distributed by the PHP Group at php.net in Pear or Pecl.

Is all that software also written/copyrighted by the PHP Group?

Also, what happens if someone wants to take a package and
distribute it, individually, to someone else? He needs a license
for that. And if that license says:

> > > 6. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following
> > > acknowledgment:
> > > "This product includes PHP software, freely available from
> > > <http://www.php.net/software/>".

then he's forced to lie if he just distributes the one package.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself