Re: Proposed license for IETF Contributions

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:28:48 +0100 Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Btw, the latest revised license reads:
>
>     c.  The Contributor grants third parties the irrevocable
>         right to copy, use and distribute the Contribution, with
>         or without modification, in any medium, without royalty,
>         provided that unauthorized redistributed modified works
>         do not contain misleading author, version, name of work,
>         or endorsement information.  This specifically implies,
>         for instance, that unauthorized redistributed modified
>         works must not claim endorsement of the modified work by
>         the IETF, IESG, IANA, IAB, ISOC, RFC Editor, or any
>         similar organization, and remove any claims of status as
>         an Internet Standard, e.g., by removing the RFC
>         boilerplate.  The IETF requests that any citation or
>         excerpt of unmodified text reference the RFC or other
>         document from which the text is derived.

s/unauthorized redistributed/redistributed unofficial/  , I would say...

The term "unauthorized" makes me think about a license violation, which
is not what is meant here, IIUC.

--
    :-(   This Universe is buggy! Where's the Creator's BTS?   ;-)
  Francesco Poli                             GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4