Re: Licenses for DebConf6

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 16:21:46 +0100, Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> said:

> On Nov 13, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>> Case in point: Thanks to Colin Walter's liberal licensing of his
>> Debian packaging talk, I was able to give my local Linux users
>> group an excellent introduction to Debian (with full attribution,
>> of course); a non-free license would have been an obstacle.
> Can you explain exactly how a CC copyleft-like license would have
> been an obstacle?

        Because it is being incorporated in a larger work: My
 presentation accompanies a HOWTO, and has various scripts and example
 code to elucidate the point. I have been able to incorporate parts
 Colin's  presentation into mine, and accompany that with
 documentations, scripts, examples, and at some point the whole shal
 be packaged; by the seed of it was the presentation, and now
 something has grown up around it.

        manoj
--
America: born free and taxed to death.