Re: Ubuntu CDs contain no sources

On 11/8/05, cascardo@minaslivre.org <cascardo@minaslivre.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have asked some CDs from Ubuntu and they have sent me their
> Debian-based distro for free (as in free beer). However, they contain
> GPL-licensed software, including dpkg, but not their sources.

Ubuntu does distribute sources; and in a quite reasonable fashion.

> Or should I consider this a GPL violation? Then, I hope dpkg copyright
> holders inforce their copyright.

You need to find more important things to think about and hope for.

--
Chris

"`The enemy we fight has no respect for human life or human rights.
They don't deserve our sympathy,' he said. `But this isn't about who
they are. This is about who we are. These are the values that
distinguish us from our enemies.' - Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona