Finjan NG5000 Web Proxy

A company I work for is evaluating the

Web proxy device.

When it boots it outputs to a monitor ( amongst other things )

Uncompressing Linux

INIT: Entering Run Level 2
Starting system log daemon: syslogd
Starting kernel log daemon: klogd
Starting webmin: webmin

Debian Gnu/Linux 3.1 Vital Security tty1

I can't find any mention of Debian in the documentation or their website

A member of my local LUG suggest I send this here. I hope it is of interest.

"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily
manoeuver you into a trap from which it is hard to escape."