Re: Releasing software sponsored by an employer

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 09:23:40PM +0100, Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
> John Morrissey wrote:
> > I'm wondering what kind of documentation we should have that explicitly
> > authorizes me to release this software (copyright still held by the company)
> > to the public under a DFSG compliant license.
IMHO it would be very nice if they could give you a PGP message
confirming what the GPL trailer has:

  Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the program
  `Gnomovision' (which makes passes at compilers) written by James Hacker.

  Ty Coon, President of Vice

--
Clear skies,
Justin