Re: Releasing software sponsored by an employer

John Morrissey said on Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:55:27AM -0500,:

 > I'm  wondering  what kind  of  documentation  we  should have  that
 > explicitly authorizes me to  release this software (copyright still
 > held by the company) to the public under a DFSG compliant license.

This is answered in the GPL HOTWO - www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Would  be a  nice thing  if  the software  is made  available on  your
company's servers / website.

--
Mahesh T. Pai

That men do not learn much from the lessons of history is the most
important of all the lessons that history has to teach us.
    --Aldous Huxley