License of fonts included in X.org sources (was: [tex-live] Re: Utopia fonts)
- To: debian-legal <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: License of fonts included in X.org sources (was: [tex-live] Re: Utopia fonts)
- From: Frank Küster <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:14:14 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (Ralf Stubner's message of "Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:40:48 +0200")
- References: <CMM.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200510172315.j9HNFaN06679@f7.net> <email@example.com>
Dear debian-legal people,
Ralf Stubner <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> It is quite odd that on the one hand Adobe says that all the rights are
> with the X consortion, while on the other hand there is no license
> information what so ever from X.org or Xfree.
And some person (Han The Thanh) tried to get information from them,
because he wanted to distribute a modified version, and didn't get a
response for months.
Do you know which person we could contact among the X.org people?
P.S. The fonts are excluded from xfonts-scalable-nonfree due to "no
license statement", but included in gsfonts-other-nonfree because of the
license statement on CTAN, the origin of which is now unclear.
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich