Licensing pictures within an application

Hello,

I am in charge of a project that have been included in Debian unstable,
GCfilms. I am not the packager for it, but I have some questions regarding its
evolution.

We recently made a logo contest for this application. Winners have been
designated. But their works are under a Creative Commons BY-SA license.
According to this page:

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/index_html#OtherLicenses

It is a free and copylefted license. But I found in this list archives that it
is not acceptable for Debian.

So my first question is: Is this still the case?

Second one is: Is it possible to package together a GPL application (current
license for GCfilms) with CC pictures? Or does the software license needs to
be changed (and to which one? LGPL?)?

If CC is not acceptable, are there license for art works that could be used in
Debian? I (and logo creators also) don't think that GPL is suitable. It has
been made for programs.

The situation for me is simple. I have a free application. I have some free
pictures (with only one constraints, creators want to keep kind of a paternity
for the pictures as guaranteed by the BY clause of CC). And I'd like to put
them together into Debian. As I sent a lot of e-mails to different mailing
lists and didn't get a clear answer yet, I think that actually this is not so
simple.

Maybe the solution is to have a trademark for logos?

I am really lost. So any help would be more than welcome.

Thank you for your attention.

Christian.