Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:

> There are real-world examples that choice-of-venue clauses could be more
> dangerous than without them. I'm not sure is DFSG can catch these challenges,
> but it certainly should not be read as glossary or as a bullet list with do's
> and dont's.

The DFSG define what we consider free and what we consider non-free. If
you believe that there's an issue that should prevent distribution of
something, then say so - there are various pieces of DFSG software we
fail to distribute because of other legal issues (primarily patent
problems). But don't suggest that it's any sort of freeness issue.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org