Re: GPL, yet again. (The kernel is a lot like a shared library)

On 9/12/05, Yorick Cool <yorick.cool@fundp.ac.be> wrote:
[...]
> Alexander> > Larry Lessig?
> Alexander>
> Alexander> CC share-alike licenses don't try to infect compilations (collective
> Alexander> works).
>
> So? That changes nothing to the fact Lessig considers the GPL -- the license we're
> talking about -- covers dynamic linking.

Apropos Lessig... I just wonder what he thinks about allegedly
fabricated/garbled* responses from RMS and Moglen regarding derivative
works and linking that you can find in the paper that was written for
him (upon his request, I'd guess) by Matt Asay.

http://www.linuxdevices.com/files/misc/asay-paper.pdf
(by Matt Asay, "written for Professor Larry Lessig")

*) http://xfree86.org/pipermail/forum/2004-March/004301.html
   http://xfree86.org/pipermail/forum/2004-April/004306.html
   http://xfree86.org/pipermail/forum/2004-April/004308.html
   http://xfree86.org/pipermail/forum/2004-April/004309.html