Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Andrew Suffield wrote:
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 06:52:07PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005, John Hasler wrote:

Gunnar Wolf writes:

...Or get him extradited somehow.

Extradition has nothing to do with civil lawsuits.

Hey, copyright infringement is a crime these days...

And the US has obtained extradition treaties for it and is using
them. I've lost my reference on that one, sorry.

And there is one case of the US actively pursuing the extradition of an alleged software pirate living in Australia. The guy has apparently spent 18 months in Australian jails so far fighting the extradition.

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/griffithsIndict.htm seems to have been co-written by a Michael Chertoff.

More on the associated cases is avaiable from http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/ob/OBMain.htm

In another case, Maksym Kovalchuk from Ukraine has been arrested in Thailand and extradited to US on similar charges in 2003/2004.

cheers,
dalibor topic