Re: fresh review of: CDDL

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 12:01:13AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Humberto Massa Guimarães <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:
> >> FWIW, the phrasing comes verbatim from MPL 1.1. MPL 1.1 is DFSG-free,
> >> right?
> >
> > not according to
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/06/msg00221.html
>
> Someone should really file a removal request against Mozilla.

We've been quietly tolerating them on the understanding that they were
actively working on getting the last of it GPLed and couldn't forsee
any problems.

Personally, I don't have a problem with this, so long as we're
reasonably confident that it will be free soon. I'm not willing to
defend the position though. And it sounds like it's not an issue any
more.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |