Re: GPL, yet again. (The kernel is a lot like a shared library)

On Thursday 08 September 2005 10:47 am, Humberto Mass Guimarães wrote:
> > Seems to me those signs all point to the idea the the mere
> > linking against a
> > dynamically linked library does not constitute a copyrighted work.
>
> s/copyrighted/derivative/ ??

Good save!!!!  The linked work is still eligible for copyright...  provided it
meets all the standards of authorship.  You're little regex, by the way, is
an excellent example of a "program" that is not eligible.

-Sean

--
Sean Kellogg
3rd Year - University of Washington School of Law

So, let go
 ...Jump in
  ...Oh well, what you waiting for?
   ...it's all right
    ...'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown