Re: legal status of faac, xvid

seven sins <sins_seven@yahoo.com> wrote:
> i am looking for information on how the debian teams
> views  legal status of faac and xvid. [...]

I can't see either package is in debian.  I think the only
public information on the *teams*' views (as opposed to individuals
on debian-legal) is usually the section of the archive things are in:
http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-sections

You can see these sections on packages.debian.org

> [...] before i
> install these i wanted to check on the legal status
> for there quite a bit of messages on it and i am kind
> of clueless about it.

Please ask your lawyer for legal advice. It varies from country
to country. I'll only tell you about debian.

--
MJR/slef