Re: Debian OpenSolaris port, exchange with Sun folks in webforum/MailingList

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 08:59:10PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> I just chatted with Sun's FOSS embassador Simon Phillips and i
> asked if Sun would switch to a LGPL compatible license even for
> openSolaris in the course of the recent announcement.
>
> However he said it would stay with the CDDL and was not aware how
> that would hinder a debian port of openSolaris. Could the
> people who are interested in working on this please head over to
> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/discussions/ and more specifically
> to  http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=32 for the
> GNU-Solaris discussion to work on a way to resolve the issues (or
> clarify the problems, first)?
>
> Aparently there is even a mailling list interface to those
> formums. Feel free to figure it out yourself and mail here once
> you found out. (c:
>
> The Sun folks understand full well the power of a debian port of
> openSolaris and the lift they would get from it. (c:

Did you per chance mean this one :

  http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=1093&tstart=30

Where there is some mention about the CDDL ? I don't see so much of a problem
with the one you quoted about the mc, but then i may be missing something.

What is the legal CDDL status anyway ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther