Re: May be non-copyrighted documment included in main?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: May be non-copyrighted documment included in main?
- From: MJ Ray <email@example.com>
- Date: 18 Aug 2005 17:37:05 GMT
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20050818135900.GA13140@localhost>
Petr Gajdusek <email@example.com> wrote:
> The only notice in the documment says:
> "This publication is not copyrighted. One can copy it and use any part
> of it with mentioning the source. Publishers ask only for information
> about it."
> Is this sufficient to include publication in main section?
It may depend where it's from: copyright is automatic in
As such, the permission granted to copy it and use any part with
attribution is needed and might be sufficient, but it looks like
it deliberately discriminates against publishers. I don't think
it follows DFSG 1 or 6.
What package is this document in?
My Opinion Only: see http://people.debian.org/~mjr/
Please follow http://www.uk.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct