Re: BitTorrent Open Source License (Proposed Changes)

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 04:23:51PM -0700, Sean Kellogg wrote:
> Oh, wow...  here my thought was people felt six months wasn't long enough...
> not too long.  I suppose that certainly could be a problem for the manner in
> which Debian distributes, however, I don't think it is a DFSG problem.

It's a fee. Pet a cat, again. Additionally, it's impossible for us to
accomplish with the current archive structure, so it's
non-distributable even in non-free as far as we're concerned.

> I think you would be better off changing the language from "available" to
> "distribute" to clear up an uncertainty.

I think that the phrasing of complex license clauses should be done by
lawyers. We don't need another repeat of the Artistic debacle.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |