Re: MP3 decoder packaged with XMMS

Steve,

...  since we don't have the money to fight a patent
that's being enforced even if it is invalid.

Although Debian may not have the financial resources necessary to retain private counsel, the Software Freedom Law Center and Public Patent Foundation are here to provide it pro bono representation on such matters. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything we can do to help.

Best,
--Dan

Daniel B. Ravicher
Legal Director
Software Freedom Law Center
1995 Broadway, 17th Fl.
New York, NY 10023
(212) 461-1902 direct
(212) 580-0800 main
(212) 580-0898 fax
ravicher@softwarefreedom.org
www.softwarefreedom.org

This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may
contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to
the attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality protections. If
you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy or
distribute this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.