Re: Linux mark extortion

On 6/17/05, Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com> wrote:
> Raul Miller wrote:
> >Reading the LMI site, they're only requiring a license on
> >uses of Linux which are not labelling OS software.

> Maybe you misread it. According to the license terms, "AUTHORIZED
> GOODS/SERVICES", including software, do require a license.

I don't think that's valid a valid interpretation.

Linux already has already been established as meaning the linux kernel
as well as distributions involving the linux kernel.  It's a generic
term in that context.

That doesn't mean it's a generic term in all contexts -- there's no
widely used Linux certification test suite, for example.

Is there anything else that makes you think that this will be a
concern for Debian?

Thanks,

--
Raul