Re: Is this license DFSG free?

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 01:24:55AM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> I find it somewhat curious that people throw around the word "compromise"
> in the context of the software freedoms as if it's actually desirable--"we
> should compromise, give up our principles and our freedoms in order to
> have more stuff in Debian!" (Pardon the exaggeration; I have in mind
> the attitudes of some others, not you.)

Whenever I see the word 'compromise', I think 'security
compromise'. And I've yet to see a case where that was a bad way to
approach it.

A compromise is a solution that nobody wanted. It's one of the worst
answers you can ever get. Find a better one. Compromising is the last
resort of the politician.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |