Re: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclear copyright notice.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:28:59PM -0700, Sean Kellogg wrote:
> Failure to have a click-through license means that there is no acceptance,
> which is a fundamental part of contract law.  No acceptance, no
> contract, no exceptions.

False.

For example, you can indicate acceptance of the GPL by exercising the
rights it grants.

Furthermore, the converse is also false: it's quite possible to install
software on your machine without clicking on the click-through license.
For example, someone else might install it for you.  [You expect my dad
to figure out how to install anything?]

--
Raul