Re: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclear copyright notice.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 12:05:59PM -0700, David Schwartz wrote:
>	Yes, the GPL can give you rights you wouldn't otherwise have. A
> EULA can take away rights you would otherwise have.

What compels you to agree with an EULA?

> 	In the few court cases that have directly addresses shrink-wrap and
> click-wrap type agreements, I've seen them consistently upheld. However,
> this is not relevent to the GPL issue at all because the GPL can only give
> you rights you wouldn't otherwise have, it cannot take away any rights.

The GPL offers you certain rights if you agree to be bound by certain
conditions.

You are not compelled to agree to those conditions, but those who do
not gain no rights from the GPL.

--
Raul