Re: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclear copyright notice.

Richard> Last time I checked, GPL was about SOFTware, not FIRMware,
Richard> and not MICROcode.

Oh be real, there's no real difference between them and you know it.
It's all about where the bits are stored and what they tend to do in a
system design that makes the difference.

This entire arguement is meaningless until someone posts the patches
to move firmware out of the kernel, and until I see that, it's not
worth re-hashing.   And no, I don't have the time or knowledge to do
this.

John