Re: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclear copyright notice.

On Thursday 07 April 2005 09:25, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> [snip] I got it from Alteon
> under a written agreement stating I could distribute the image under
> the GPL. Since the firmware is simply data to Linux, hence keeping it
> under the GPL should be just fine.

Then I would like to exercise my right under the GPL to aquire the source code
for the firmware (and the required compilers, starting with genfw.c which is
mentioned in acenic_firmware.h) since - as far as I know - firmware is coded
today in VHDL, C or some assembler and the days of hexcoding are long gone.

Regards, David