Re: Linux and GPLv2

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 06:15:34PM +0200, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> You are obviously convinced that using a command line interface can't
> be protected by copyright.

Right, in the sense that copyright is about tangible forms of creative
expression, and it's not about functional mechanisms such as interfaces.

So, for example, this lack of copyright protection for command line
interfaces doesn't mean that I can put some copyrighted story on the
command line and make its copyright protection go away.

>  Why, then, are you so persistent in insisting that other interfaces
>  somehow are awarded such protection?

That wasn't what I was trying to say.

I was trying to say that just because something is a relevant interface
in case A doesn't mean that that kind of interface is relevant in case B.

--
Raul