Re: Linux and GPLv2

Scripsit Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br>

> No, but I have already explained why I firmly believe that the "merely
> aggregates" language in GPL#2§3 refers to all aggregate works, as
> opposed to the "works based on the Program" from GPL#0.

If you believe that a compiled program that contains code from both
sources combined into a monolithic executable object is merely an
aggregation, then I can only conclude that you have no idea whatsoever
what the word "merely" means.

--
Henning Makholm                         "Al lykken er i ét ord: Overvægtig!"