Re: Linux and GPLv2

Scripsit Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br>

> 2. That said plugin, when in its compiled form, if it contains at all
> any inlined functions or macros from the GPL'd plugin-interfaces.h
> file, is merely a volume of storage or distribution in accordance to
> the disposition on the GPL, section 2, paragraph 3.

You have a really strange and untenable understanding of "merely", then.

> 3. That the plugin's licensing is completely independent of the "I can
> load plugins" program's one, and that it can be licensed as the author
> sees fit.

Yes, but not of the license for the inlined functions that get
compiled in, providing that those are sufficiently nontrivial to enjoy
copyright protection at all.

--
Henning Makholm                              "It will be useful even at this
                                      early stage to review briefly the main