Re: x.org non free?

Måns Rullgård wrote:

Michael Below <mbelow@antithese.de> writes:

I'm not a developer either, but from the legal point of view you're
right, I'd say. Their README.crypto says:

       Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, hardware,
       software, technology or services provided under this license
       agreement may not be exported, reexported, transferred or
       downloaded to or within (or to a national resident of)
       countries under U.S. economic embargo including the following
       countries:

       Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. This list is
       subject to change.

I.E. they are making US export restrictions part of their license --

I think they are simply stating facts, to make the user aware of the
situation.
If the law places restrictions on distribution, there is nothing a
license can do about it.

Is it not the case, however, that this paragraph is made a part of the license, immutable without the consent of all of the copyright owners? Meaning that, should the law change, the license won't?

--
Lewis Jardine
IANAL, IANADD