Re: Linux and GPLv2

Jeremy Hankins wrote:

Trying to explain more: my "myfile.c" is not a derivative work on
"errno.h",
No, but myfile.o may be. (I feel like I'm repeating myself here).

My understanding is that, in practice, myfile.c could infringe as well,
if the only reasonable way to use it is by creating a work that is
derivative of errno.h (if, e.g., errno.h contains something that is
significant and used in myfile.o).
There is a lot of case law that says otherwise: using an API does not contaminate the copyrights of the user.

Massa