Re: Debian License Summaries

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 04:34:56PM -0500, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> So, this page:
>
>         http://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/
>
> ...lists some license summaries and makes some statements about whether
> the licenses are free or not.
>
> It's not clear to me how these summaries become "official", or at least
> posted on that page. Any suggestions? I'll like to get the CC 2.0
> licenses summary listed.

I set up this page after suggestions from debian-legal. Somehwat after
that a big discussion started on the list whether these summaries make
sense. Noone contacted me after this discussion with a new summary and I
didn't care enough to dig out the result of the discussion, I just
decided the people on debian-legal would surely contact the web team if
they want any changes...

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>