Re: Linux and GPLv2

On Sunday 13 March 2005 01:21 pm, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Well, there are a few that dislike v2 already, or at least some of the
> more far-reaching interpretations of it.  Seeing as v3 will attempt to
> extend its reach even further, I see it as inevitable that a fair
> amount of people will have a word or two to say about it.

Well, if you don't like the interpretation of what v2 says then take it to
court.  No one holds a monopoly on the right to decide what it says, and only
the court reviewing the GPL can determine what its terms actually mean, and
only within the jurisdiction in which it sits.

Of course, you may not end up liking what the judge says :)

Its actually quite a shame that there haven't been any court cases on the
terms of the GPL...  would make for some fascinating reading.

--
Sean Kellogg
2nd Year - University of Washington School of Law

So, let go
 ...Jump in
  ...Oh well, what you waiting for?
   ...it's all right
    ...'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown