Re: GPLed firmware flasher ...

Marco d'Itri writes:

> mdpoole@troilus.org wrote:
>
> >It is not necessarily so clear.  The FSF argues that a program's use
> >of an API, at least when there is only one implementation, makes it a
> >derived work of the program that implements the API.  This is broadly
> No, the FSF position is more complex than this, and is explained in the
> GPL FAQ document.

Which FAQ question besides this one (with anchor #IfLibraryIsGPL)
deals with programs that use a GPLed library?

    If a library is released under the GPL (not the LGPL), does that mean that any program which uses it has to be under the GPL?
    Yes, because the program as it is actually run includes the library.

That seems the same as what I said except that the FAQ uses "includes"
where I used "is a derived work of."  (-legal went through the "mere
aggregation" flame war recently, and I would rather not repeat it.)

Michael Poole