Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
> On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 06:17:56AM -0800, Ben Johnson wrote:

>> After a quick search to try and find if the FSF ever
>> voiced an opinion on nv, I unfortunately only dug out
>> the well-known case against NVidia's binary kernel
>> module.

> Will any of the X nVidia support work without that binary kernel module?

As I'm typing these letters, they are being drawn on my monitor by the
"nv" driver from xserver-xfree86 (4.3.0.dfsg.1-10). I'm running a
stock Debian kernel which I assume does not include NVidia's binary
kernel module. However, lsmod tells me that something called
"nvidia_agp" is loaded; is that the one?

--
Henning Makholm                             "I've been staying out of family
                                   conversations. Do I get credit for that?"