Legal Status of VCG

Hi,

I would like to inform you, that the current source of your VCG
package is based on illegal code. James Michael DuPont started
a GNUVcg project on the GNU Savannah Server:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/vcgdotgnu/

This project was recently shut down by FSF, since he used pirated
code for his project. He will soon restart the GNUVcg project with
a proper code base. Therefore I'm asking you to remove the illegal package from your servers.

To be precise: your package VCG 1.30debian-1 (currently contained
in testing and unstable) should be removed since its upstream
package "vcg_130debian.orig.tar.gz" is pirated code. The upstream
source package should also deleted on your servers.

The current stable package (1.30-3) is OK and can be distributed.
So it should be easy for you to simply drop the illegal testing
package and revert to the package in stable until GNUVcg makes any
progress.

Last week I asked James Michael DuPont to inform you about these
facts but since the package can still be downloaded from your
servers it shows me that he did not.

Best regards

--

Michael Schmidt