Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

On Monday 28 February 2005 02:43, Josh Triplett wrote:
> "acceptable form for modification" will get you in even worse trouble
> than "(author's) preferred form for modification".  The former is a
> subjective criteria, and could raise issues with any code that someone
> claims is difficult to maintain (due to lack of documentation, poor
> programming practices, obscure language, any arbitrary criteria you
> might think of for unmaintainability).  The latter is an objective
> criteria, which will only ever trigger in cases of obfuscation and/or
> compilation.

The DFS_Guidelines_ don't need to hold up in court. Therefore they are able to
say that source which is unacceptable for modification because of lack of
documentation, poor programming practices, obscure language or any arbitrary
criteria you might think of for unmaintainability is no service to our users
but instead does lock them into low quality code which can only be modified
at high costs if at all.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?