Re: Re: PHP non-free or wrongly named?

I would say that debian does not treat trademark as a licence. Else we
could not release with the debian "release" logo , nor the debian
trademarked name.
That would be pretty cool :)

I am out of laugh thinking of we tellling the release manager "ehrm
sorry we have an RC on debian, it is not free. Could you contact the SPI
to ask if they agree to "free" the debian name !" :->
No offense, i always found legal issues pretty funny. You may not be
wrong as the php trademark is defined in the licence itself, there is
obviously a legislation mix.
Is there a copyright on the trademark requiring us to ask for an
exception to the licence to enable us to ask for the right to use their
trademark ... damn

Regards
Alban