Re: Why is choice of venue non-free ?

On Monday 07 February 2005 02:58, Henning Makholm wrote:
> I've often wondered which part of the DFSG supports the notion that
> the right to create modified versions must be available even to people
> who don't want to pay money to the author to have that right.

Perhaps because the guidelines are called D_Free_SG and not D_allows
modifications after eating rats_SG?

More seriously, requiring royalities for modification would probably be the
"execution of an additional license" as in DFSG#7: Even if Debian payed the
fee, any of our users would have to pay too.

Regards, David