Re: Why is choice of venue non-free ?

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> glenn@zewt.org wrote:
> > People like Marco keep saying "the DFSG doesn't say it explicitly,
> > therefore it should be allowed", which is irresponsible, favoring
> > getting their warez in main (despite the latest ugly restrictions)
> > over keeping Debian Free.
> While you are saying "screw the rules we all agreed to support, free
> licenses are the ones I like".

We're supporting all of the rules that we have. However, we're more
interested in preserving freedom than following rules blindly to the
detriment of us all.

I hope that you're interested in preserving the freedom of those who
use Debian as well.

Don Armstrong

The sheer ponderousness of the panel's opinion ... refutes its thesis
far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel's labored
effort to smother the Second Amendment by sheer body weight has all
the grace of a sumo wrestler trying to kill a rattlesnake by sitting
on it--and is just as likely to succeed.
 -- Alex Kozinski in Silveira V Lockyer