Re: Authority and procedures of debian-legal

Scripsit Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>

> Now, it may be reasonable to do the reverse: maintain a list of
> restrictions which are considered Free, and require a vote to add to it.
> People are constantly trying to find new ways to restrict users, so the
> list of onerous restrictions grows every day, but it's much less common
> that people come up with new Free restrictions.  (Henning Makholm
> proposed doing something like this, but he didn't propose it to have
> authority--that is, to replace the DFSG--

In fact I did, although in a somewhat roundabout, "please imagine
that I said something different if you think the idea is horrible"
way. Most people imagined I said something different :-)

FWIW the draft I wrote is at
<http://henning.makholm.net/debian/dfsg-bis>, but I still have a pile
of responses from the last time I pitched it that I have never had the
time to work into it.

--
Henning Makholm                        "I have seen men with a *fraction* of
                                 your trauma pray to their deity for death's