Re: Software copyright.

Sorry, I mean Copyright. :)

Does anyone on this list know about or where/who to find info about software copyright?
My specific question is this:
If I wrote a web program for my company that was being used on a government project and then I left the company and wanted to completely rewrite the code (it will do the same thing) and patent copyright it myself, is that legal? PS: The government contract only called for an FTP server not a web application. My manager convinced the customer that this would be better, but never contractually obligated to produce such a thing.

Thanks
Ralph

--
Linux, to keep you humble.