Re: [Pkg-alsa-devel] RFS: alsa-tools

Dan Chen wrote:

--- Mikael Magnusson <mikma@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:

I have debianized alsa-tools and am looking for a
sponsor.

What is the status of alsa-tools being in Debian
legally? Rather, what is debian-legal's stance on
these packages? Since the firmware has been separated
out into upstream's alsa-firmware, there shouldn't be
any problems, but it's never too late to double-check.

Thanks,
Daniel Chen

I think most of the binaries are used to control some aspects of the hardware, not to load non-free firmwares. And a couple aren't depending of specific hardware to work.

Do we have to split the alsa-tools source into two packages, one free and one non-free/contrib? It will make it a bit harder.

Regards,
Mikael

Hardware independent binaries:

ac3dec - A free AC-3 stream decoder
as10k1 - An assembler for the EMU10K1 (EMU10K2) DSP chip

Soundcard control tools:

cspctl - Sound Blaster 16 ASP/CSP control program
sbiload - OPL2/3 FM instrument loader for the ALSA sequencer
us428control - Controller utility for Tascam US-X2Y

echomixer - Control tool for Echoaudio soundcards
envy24control - Control tool for Envy24 (ice1712) based soundcards
hdspconf - A GUI to control the Hammerfall HDSP Alsa Settings.
hdspmixer - A tool to control the advanced routing features of the
 RME Hammerfall DSP.
rmedigicontrol - Control tool for RME Digi32 and RME Digi96 soundcards

Soundcard firmware loaders:

hdsploader - Firmware loader for the RME Hammerfall DSP cards
mixartloader - Firmware loader for Digigram's miXart board sound drivers
pcxhrloader - Firmware loader for Digigram pcxhr compatible soundcards
sscape_ctl - SoundScape control utility
usx2yloader - Firmware loader for Tascam USX2Y USB soundcards
vxloader - Firmware loader for Digigram VX soundcards