Re: Questions about legal theory behind (L)GPL

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:27:08 +0100, Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:53:58 -0800 Michael K. Edwards wrote:
>
> > (don't use Google Search in the same tab as your GMail session!)
>
> Even better: don't use GMail at all, it has many privacy issues!

<shrug>  It's free-as-in-beer, takes no IT effort on my part, and once
in a while actually points me to a non-obvious resource.  (But then,
I'm the kind of guy that reads trade rags mostly for the ads and goes
to the primary literature for anything resembling facts.)  I don't do
important, private stuff in cleartext on a Net-attached computer
anyway.  But you'd be surprised how little I consider both important
and private.

Cheers,
- Michael