Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running ILLEGALY on Kaffe

Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> writes:
> The kernel has an exemption.  This has been pointed out more than
> once.

OK, apache2 depends on Bash to function (/etc/init.d/apache2). This
must mean that Debian cannot distribute Apache 2 and Bash together (at
least we would have to remove Bash from Essential). In addition,
apache2 explictly depends on Lynx, which is GPL'd, as is net-tools,
which also is a dependency to apache2.

> Because there are non-GPL equivalents for Bash and Less (and I don't
> think there are many programs that Depend: on Less).  There may be
> GPL-incompatible programs that depend on Bash specific features, in
> which case bugs should be filed.  I can't imagine there are that many.

And Java programs run on various non-GPL Java runtimes in addition to
Kaffe.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *