Re: Firefox/Thunderbird trademarks: a proposal

Michael K. Edwards wrote:
Change "the name of the package will have to be changed" to "the
Mozilla Foundation reserves the right to withdraw license to its
trademarks" and I think it's completely unobjectionable.

Without commenting on whether this change would be OK or not, can you see any circumstances where the two may not be the same thing?

Part of the goodwill surrounding this, it seems to me, is that if the Foundation were ever to withdraw the trademark license, Debian would respect both the letter and the spirit of that, rather than turn around and say "well actually, legally we can keep using them because of law X". (This passes no judgement on the existence or validity of law X, whatever it might be.)

Or was that a point specifically about the name of the Debian package (.deb file)?

Gerv