License issues (Was: [bug #288429] asterisk's music files are definately non-free)

El sáb, 08-01-2005 a las 23:28 +0100, Bas Zoetekouw escribió:
> Hi!
> Just to clarify for all those watching this bug, this is he license
> we're talking about:
> > Digium has licensed the music included with
> > the Asterisk distribution From FreePlayMusic
> > for use and distribution with Asterisk.  It
> > is licensed ONLY for use as hold music within
> > an Asterisk based PBX.
> This is very much non-free.  I talked to a member of the release team on
> irc (vorlon/Steve Langasek), and he agrees that this is not acceptable
> for release with sarge.

  As you can read, above license cannot be considered free by Debian.
Due to this license, sounds affected by it must be removed from Debian
packages and sources.

  Thus, I would like to know if this license affects only hold music or
every sound in asterisk, for the purpose of removing only sounds
affected by this license.

P.S: Please, keep CC list, as I am not subscribed.

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo